2022 – 2023 CALENDAR
Total 36 weeks of Classes in 2 Semesters per School Year
(Summer Classes are Separate)
JANUARY 3rd – Dance Classes Begin (2nd Semester)
JANUARY 16th – MLK Day (NO Dance Classes)
FEBRUARY 20th – President’s Day (NO Dance Classes)
MARCH 27th – MARCH 31st – Spring Break (NO Dance Classes)
MAY or JUNE (Exact Date TBD) – Spring Feature: “Sleeping Beauty” & “Twenty-Three”
MAY 24th – LAST Day of Dance Classes, possible extra week for makeup days and/or rehearsals if show is in June (TBD)
(Summer Intensives and Summer Classes Begin in June)
Inclement Weather Day Make-Up Class Info Below
– Dates TBD as needed
TUITION, FEES, and REGISTRATION
We have been involved in dance for over 20 years, so we know how to make things better for each dance family. We know buying multiple costumes ($50-$100+ per dance piece) can get expensive for families, so that is why we provide as many costumes as possible for students to use for our productions and events.
Our per semester low $60 production fee for our shows covers most all costumes, show and theater rental needs, cleaning, props, etc. There may also be fees for:
- SMALL COSTUME ITEMS such as tights and shoes (see attire on the Dress Code page for details on initial items needed)
- COSTUMES for ADDITIONAL SOLO or SMALL GROUP performances, AUDITIONED ROLES, CBT II, or for things such as Youth America Grand Prix. (Dancers offered these special opportunities will be given the choice to participate before these additional fees are assessed.)
REGISTRATION and TUITION REQUIREMENTS
All students must register in person at our front desk before attending classes (unless other arrangements are made by the Directors). Please call or email to inquire.
- There is a student registration fee of $30 per year. Registration consists of payment and submission of all necessary documents and information, including but not limited to: waivers, policy agreements, and medical release.
- All class tuition, registration, and production fees must be paid NO LATER than the due dates set forth each semester/session, or a late fee of 10% must be assessed per billing (unless an agreed payment plan is set up through the Directors).
- Unpaid tuition and fees (including a $35 returned check fee) beyond the due dates will prevent students from taking classes until all fees are paid up to date.
All enrollments are based on semester lengths or summer session, therefore we do not offer refunds of any fees or tuition. Production fees and yearly registration fees are also non-refundable.
Please note we have a 3% credit card fee for each transaction.
However, we offer a 5% discount if entire semester fees are paid in full
before AUGUST 15 for the 1st Semester and before DECEMBER 15 for the 2nd Semester
- Class placement is at the sole discretion of the Director and by the Director’s evaluation of each individual student’s abilities.
- Pointe is not based on age but on physical development and technical proficiency. A student’s ability to dance on pointe and take Pointe classes will be determined by the Director (male dancers will always wear technique/flat shoes and be given boy’s technique classes and exercises).
- Pointe class placement and previous pointe work elsewhere does not necessarily result in the same placement at City Ballet Theater School.
- The amount of classes a student participates in per week depends upon the program in which they are enrolled. Because each of our programs follows a carefully planned school curriculum and class syllabus designed to properly train and prepare dancers for successful progression, all students are required to attend all classes offered in their respective program.
- Cell phones must be silenced and kept in purses or bags. Since we primarily use a large open studio, we also ask those in the waiting area to silence cell phones for no disruption to classes.
- Because safety is so important to us, we have a strict safety policy:
– No one except notated parents/guardians may pick up a student.
– No student will be allowed to leave the building without their parent or approved guardian present (please note: only those who are listed on the student’s registration form are allowed to pick up the student).
– Parents/guardians must personally come inside the building to pick up their child after class, rehearsal, or performance (with the exception of older students who drive themselves to class).
– Under emergency circumstances, if a different trusted adult must be chosen, parents/guardians must notify us immediately.
– Students under 18 who drive themselves must notate this during the registration process.
- If a minimum of 5 students is not met for any class, City Ballet Theater reserves the right to combine classes or offer the students appropriate classes elsewhere in the schedule.
INCLEMENT WEATER AND ILLNESS
- We do NOT follow the inclement weather decisions of the public schools. Instead, we will notify everyone during each weather event by our social media accounts and email no later than 2 pm when classes or events need to be canceled for the day or the week. (Please check both as both can have quirks.)
- It is vital for the student’s education and performance opportunities that they attend all classes and rehearsals in person. Students who miss class are expected to make-up missed classes in the same semester. (Please see the office for available make-up classes.)
- If a student is ill and has fever, flu-like symptoms, or other symptoms, we ask that they do not attend class until no longer contagious. Please always notify us that they won’t be attending class while ill.
- Any classes cancelled by City Ballet Theater for reasons other than a public health order will have announced make-up classes.
PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER POLICY
- Should health authorities shut down businesses due to a public health event, we are unable to offer refunds, HOWEVER we will offer virtual classes to continue learning and rehearsing, so students don’t miss out and can be ready to perform and return to class upon reopening.
- Once the studio reopens, all students are required to attend class in person again (unless certain arrangements are made with the approval of the Directors under specific and special circumstances).